How to Get Rid of Radon in Water

shaun.atkinson@outlook.comRadon Gas, Well WaterLeave a Comment

Dayton Ohio Radon Test Illustration
Do you know the how to get rid of radon in water? You may not know but you are ware radon gas is a hazardous. The radioactive nature of the gas poses many health risks. It accounts for close to 1000 deaths every year. Many people know of radon gas being in houses, and they have tests to determine the levels in the home.
 
Since the gas lacks color, taste, and odor, it is impossible to detect its presence. The gas comes from the ground and makes its way into houses. Radon gas causes lung cancer and counts of other health problems. Considering these and other problems, I thought it wise to educate people on how to get rid of radon in water.
 
Having a well poses a risk of radon gas being present in the water. The gas dissolves in the water which is then released into the air when you use the water. Areas that have a high concentration of radon gas often have radon gas in well water.
 

How to Get Rid of Radon in Water and subsequent treatment

 
The easiest way to know if your well water has radon gas is to have the water tested. You need to collect a sample of the water and send it to a certified laboratory for testing. The results will show whether there is any radon gas in your well and if there is, how much of it there is.
 
In homes, the safe amount of radon gas is 4pCi/L. If it is at this level in the water, remove the gas from your well water. There are two primary methods to cut radon from water:
 
Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) treatment
 
Radon gas often attaches to granular activated carbon. Filtering your well water through the carbon will remove any radon gas present in the water. Once the filtration process is complete, handle the carbon embedded in radon embedded. Consider special disposal.
 
Aeration treatment
 
Randon gas accumulates and dissolves in water. This is because there are little amounts of oxygen reaching the underground water. You can mix water with air and vent the air from the water before use.
 
For the treatments to be effective, it is important to treat the water at the point where it enters your home. All the water that enters the house undergoes treatment. It is also easy to install and replace treatment devices.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *